The following steps should be followed to establish wireless communication between the QX tool and PCM module.
- Plug the tool in with the USB cable.
- After acknowledging the Sync to Current Time message, go to Setup->General Setup.
- Give a unique Location ID to the tool.
- Mark the Enable Wireless checkbox.
- Assign the PAN ID = Location ID.
- Set the Channel to 20.
- Set the Transmit Power to 2.
- Send the data to the tool.
- Go to Setup->Wireless Tool Setup.
- Double click on the row showing the PCM.
- Under the Radio Settings set the PAN ID to match the tool.
- Set Ch 1 to 20. We do not use Ch 2.
- Set the Transmit Power to 4.
- Under the Mapped Tool Settings add the Location ID to match the tool.
- Select the Sync Time button.
- Select Ok.
- Plug in the battery to the tool and you should see a Login Success message in the ICS message window. This indicates that the tool and PCM are communicating.